What happens at your first visit
Our reception team will greet you when you arrive and ask you to complete 3 electronic questionnaires which are synchronised to your personal file on our computer system. The questionnaires are:
We need to know any medical conditions you may have, what medication (pills, injections, creams, inhalers, sprays) you take and the dosage. Sometimes it is easier to bring a repeat prescription form that we can scan into your file.
- Smile Check
This allows you to highlight any areas of concern and any issues you may have with the appearance of your teeth
- Contact Consent (optional)
The new GDPR regulations requires us to gain consent to contact you about dental services that we provide.
If you think you may have difficulty completing these questionnaires, don’t worry as a member of the team will be able to help.
You will then meet the dentist who will be treating you and the dental nurse who will be assisting.
Your dentist will do the following and have a discussion with you about the questionnaires you completed.
- Discuss any issues regarding your health and medication
- Talk about any issues raised in the smile check
- Complete a dental health check on your teeth and gums
- Check the lining of your moth (oral cancer screen)
- Check your jaw joints and muscles
- Some x-rays will be taken to check for any decay between the teeth and under any existing fillings and to check your bone levels.
With your input a treatment plan will be designed to match your specific needs and wishes. An estimate of costs will also be discussed.